Travel Gifts for Women – Let’s face it, ladies are the toughest to shop for. Women are pretty much impossible to please no matter how hard you try. They want everything and nothing at the same time. But that doesn’t mean men can’t make a valiant effort to give them something they’ll love this holiday season.
The travel gift market has exploded in recent years thanks to the rise of Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media sites with a heavy focus on unique products and experiences. Check out these great ideas for your favourite woman, whether she’s your mom, sister, wife or friend – there’s something here for everyone!
Travel Gifts for Women: The Basics
While there are a ton of specific gift ideas below, it’s always nice to start with something basic but useful, like a gift card. Airline gift cards are a great idea for the frequent traveller in your life. If your mom or bestie has a favourite carrier, see if they have a gift card.
If not, you can always get one from an airline gift card provider like Airline Gifts or Airline Gift Cards. Hotel gift cards are also a good option if your loved one plans on staying in a lot of hotels. A gift card to their preferred travel booking sites like Expedia or TripAdvisor is also a great option. A gift card to their favourite beauty store is always a welcome present for any woman. The options are virtually endless!
Scents and Spritzers
In the past few years, the scented travel goods market has exploded. There are scented pyjamas like Stink Free PJs (yes, you read that correctly) and scented socks, along with travel-sized scented sprays and lotions. These make for excellent gift ideas for the frequent flyer or even the frequent vacationer.
Some of our favourite scented travel products include the following:
– Airspray: This is one of the most innovative travel products to come out in a while. The Airspray is a perfume mist that can be used anywhere, anytime. It’s a great gift for the woman on the go.
– The Flight 001 Scents (various): This company has several different scents, which correspond to different travel themes, including Paris, Tokyo, London, etc.
– Scented lip balm: If your mom or friend has a favourite scent, there are a ton of different scented lip balms on the market.
– Scented lotion: There are even scented lotions that come in tiny bottles, so they’re great for toting around.
Travel Mugs and Tumblers
The travel mug has become ubiquitous in offices around the world, and for good reason: they’re handy, come in all shapes and sizes, from petite to extra large, and they keep coffee warm, tea steaming and other hot drinks at the appropriate temperature for hours.
If you’re looking for a great gift for your mom, sister or best friend, a travel mug or tumbler is a perfect idea. You can get them in all sorts of colours and patterns, and with all sorts of different designs. You can even get matching travel mugs for you and your bestie! If you’re looking for a travel mug with a bit more flair, the following are some of our favourites:
– The To-Go Ware travel mug: This is the perfect coffee mug for the minimalist in your life. It’s cheap, simple and gets the job done.
– The Zojirushi Travel Mug: If you’re looking for something a bit more high-end, this travel mug has a ton of great features, like a one-touch button for pouring, a locking mechanism and a keep-warm mode.
The blanket scarf has become a fashion trend of sorts in recent years, and while it might seem like a silly gift idea, they’re actually quite useful, especially for those who travel a lot. A blanket scarf is essentially a giant scarf that looks like a giant blanket when wrapped around the body. You can get a variety of different styles, from ones that have pockets like the Snuggie to styles that are more like long sweaters.
If you’re looking for a blanket scarf that’s a bit more unique and stylish, the following are some of the best ones:
– The Snuggie blanket scarf: We’ve all seen the commercials for the Snuggie, the blanket that looks like a robe made for two. This is the blanket scarf version of the original Snuggie, and it’s perfect for the woman in your life who travels a lot.
– The Oversized blanket scarf: This blanket scarf is more like a long sweater than a blanket. It’s warm and stylish and comes in a ton of different colours and designs.
– The Hooded blanket scarf: This is a more traditional blanket scarf, but it has a hood attached, so it’s perfect for travelling to colder climates where a hat and gloves are also necessary.
Jewellery is a classic gift idea that has been around for ages. It’s perfect for any occasion, be it a birthday, Christmas, or just a “because I love you” present. Jewellery is also pretty easy to shop for if you know the woman’s style. If your mom, sister or bestie has a favourite gem or stone like turquoise, amethyst or pink tourmaline, you can find all sorts of jewellery made from these materials. You can also get her a piece representative of her astrological sign.
If you want to pick out a specific piece of jewellery, make sure it has a special meaning behind it. If you’re not sure what to get, there are a ton of great gift ideas below:
– Zodiac necklace: If your loved one’s sign is Aquarius, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Pisces, Sagittarius or Scorpio, there are a ton of necklaces out there to choose from.
– Astrological charm bracelet: If you’re looking for a stylish and meaningful gift, an astrological charm bracelet is a great option.
– Birthstone earrings: These are great if you’re not sure what type of jewellery your loved one would prefer. Just make sure the earrings are large enough to see.
– Birthstone pendant: If they prefer a pendant, there are a ton of birthstone pendants out there. Just make sure you get the right one.
– Birthstone ring: If your loved one is married, a birthstone ring is a great gift idea. Make sure it has a special meaning behind it.
Books: Finding Yourself, Finding the World
There’s nothing that beats reading a good book when you’re travelling, especially if you’re far from home. If you’re looking for a unique travel gift idea for the woman in your life, we recommend picking up a few inspiring books that are related to her interests. If your loved one is a big reader, adding more books to her collection is always nice. If she doesn’t have a lot of books, you can always add a book to her Kindle.
We also recommend picking up a book that’s related to her interests. Some of our favourite travel books include the following:
– Women Who Run the World: This book features interviews with some of the most successful women in the world, including Jennifer Pharr-Rogers, founder of the travel group Adventure Women, and Chloe Kim, the gold medal-winning snowboarder.
– The Girl Who Wrote Home: This book from travel blogger Loanne Bishop chronicles her adventures travelling to every single one of Australia’s Aboriginal communities.
– Finding Home: This book is a collection of essays written by travellers. It’s a great read if you’re looking for inspiration or some new ideas for your next trip.
The travel gift market has exploded in recent years thanks to the rise of Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media sites with a heavy focus on unique products and experiences. If you’re looking for a unique gift idea, we recommend scouring the internet for cool travel products.
Tell me what you think about these gifts in the comment section below!