How to Remove Powered by Shopify – Powered by Shopify has been around since 2011 and will be sticking around until 2022, when it will finally be retired. To prepare your website for this change and ultimately remove the Powered by Shopify, you’ll need to ensure that your site meets the requirements outlined below.
Site requirements to remove powered by Shopify
To remove the Powered by Shopify message from the footer of your site, you’ll need to be on a paid Shopify plan. You can choose from any of the following plans:
-Shopify Lite: $9 per month
-Basic Shopify: $29 per month
-Shopify: $79 per month
-Advanced Shopify: $299 per month.
Once you’re on a paid plan, head to your Online Store > Preferences > Edit code. In the Layout section, look for the theme.liquid file and click it.
Meaning of powered by Shopify
If you’re looking to create a website for your business, one of the first things you’ll need to do is choose a web hosting provider. Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform that allows users to create an online store. While it’s easy to use and has a lot of features, some users may not want the Powered by Shopify link on their site. If you’re one of those users, don’t worry – there are a few ways you can remove it.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to remove powered by Shopify from your site in easy steps.
Why you might want to remove it
You might want to remove Powered by Shopify because:
1. You want your site to look more professional.
2. You want to brand your site as your own.
3. You’re using a free theme and want to get rid of the Powered by Shopify link.
4. You’re using a paid theme and still see the Powered by Shopify link in the footer (this means the theme developer didn’t include an option to remove it).
5. You’re using a custom domain and don’t want people to know you’re using Shopify (for whatever reason).
6. You think it’ll increase your conversion rate (it won’t).
Why the automatic removal process may not work for you
If you’re using a Shopify-powered site, you’ve probably noticed the Powered by Shopify message in the footer. This message is placed there automatically by Shopify and can’t be removed without upgrading to a paid plan. However, there is a way to remove the message manually. Here’s how;
1) Log into your Shopify admin dashboard. From here, click Settings > General Settings. Scroll down until you see Footer on My Sites > Footer on Store Pages. On this page, scroll down until you see Add or change Powered By text and click Edit.
2) In the following window, select Custom Text instead of Product name and enter any text that suits your needs (like Powered by Website) into the box labelled Enter text. Click Save at the bottom of the screen to finish updating this setting.
The manual removal guide
1. Log into your Shopify admin panel and go to Online Store > Themes.
2. Find the theme that you would like to edit, and click Actions > Edit code.
3. In the Layout folder, click on theme.liquid
4. Find the line of code that says Powered by Shopify and delete it.
5. Save your changes and exit the code editor.
6. That’s it! You’ve successfully removed the Powered by Shopify link from your site and can now enjoy complete control over how your site looks and functions. However, remember that if you plan to change themes in the future, this process will need to be repeated for each new theme.
In order to remove the Powered by Shopify message from the footer of your site, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid Shopify plan. You can do this by going to your Online Store > Plans and Pricing and selecting a new plan. Once you’ve upgraded, you’ll be able to choose whether or not to display the Powered by Shopify message in your site’s footer under Online Store > Preferences. If you decide not to display it, the message will immediately be removed from your site.