How to Check BVN – Bank Verification Number, BVN is requested as a form of identification through various channels; Nigerian banks use it to track different account numbers and the activity of the owners.
Do you require immediate cash? Check out this list of the best instant loan apps in Nigeria that lend up to 5 million naira.
Most account registrations in Nigeria currently require a personal BVN; many people have been unable to register on some platforms due to an inability to obtain a BVN.
Some people have found it difficult to open the accounts they require because they could not obtain their BVN number due to long lines at various Nigerian banks.
You do not need to be concerned because the solution is available to you. Customers are now able to check their BVN using their mobile phones.
To check your BVN number, you can use any network service provider, such as MTN, GLO, Airtel, or 9mobile.
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the country’s apex bank, mandated the use of BVN on February 14, 2014, following the establishment of a single Biometric Identification System.
The BVN is a personal security number that should not be taken lightly. Your BVN should be kept private, and you should check it secretly or personally.
You must read the article to understand the meaning of BVN, its significance, and why you must keep your BVN secret and safe.
Read also: How To Stop Calls On IPhone Without Blocking Or Filtering
Bank Verification Number(BVN)
Bank Verification Number, or BVN, is a unique identification number that can be verified across all Nigerian financial institutions. The BVN of a customer is linked to the following biological characteristics:
- Facial photograph
BVN Advantages and Applications
The following are the advantages or uses of the Bank Verification Number in Nigeria.
- The unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification by all Nigerian banks.
- BVN provides seamless identity verification and validation across multiple electronic platforms.
- Financial institutions can track customers using BVN, particularly in loan repayment.
- BVN limits Cyberfraud.
- The BVN database is searched for relevant information about an individual, which is referred to as bio-data (it includes names, phone numbers, addresses, and dates of birth).
- BVN aids in the reduction of queues in Banking Halls.
- Banking operations have become more efficient as a result of standardization.
The BVN enrollment procedure
The following is a step-by-step guide on registering for your Bank Verification Number in Nigeria. To obtain a BVN, follow the steps outlined below.
- Go to any of your bank’s branches.
- Fill out and return the BVN Enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data collection (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc.)
- You will be given an acknowledgement slip with the transaction ID.
- Within 24 hours, the system confirms your application, generates your BVN, and sends you an SMS with a pickup date.
Before you continue, remember that this guide is only applicable when the phone captured during BVN enrollment is used.
BVN is available on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile
There’s no need to be concerned if you misplaced or forgot your BVN; Matrismart provides a step-by-step guide for retrieving or accessing your BVN whenever possible.
Follow the steps below to check or access your BVN on MTN, 9mobile, Airtel, and Glo:
- Dial 5650# from your mobile phone and sim card used for BVN enrollment.
- Wait until your phone’s screen displays your phone number.
- Then copy the BVN and save it somewhere safe.
The cost of checking BVN on MTN, Airtel, and other networks
‘Nothing goes for Nothing,’ as the saying goes.
It costs the same to check or access your BVN via mobile phone across all networks such as MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile.
To access or check your Bank Verification Number, you will be charged at least N20.